After turned down two time by Airtel, for new broadband connection. I opted for tikona, without wireless router. As, I had beetel ADSL2 + wifi router with me, from my last airtel connection. I thought of using it. It turned out to be real easy thing to do. Only 4 steps and wifi setup was done.
1. See the under of the router, you will find a reset mark, just insert and press button, to reset your router to default factory settings.
1. Open 192.168.1.1 (link to acess, settings page of router), and from there also you can restore to factory settings. I prefer first option as it was fast.
2. After resetting the router to factory settings, open the link 192.168.1.1 to configure it.
3. Click on “Interface Setup -> Internet -> Encapsulation -> ISP -> Bridge Mode.”
4. Now to configure for wifi acess, select “Interface Setup -> LAN -> DHCP -> Disabled”. Or else you can use, router through LAN (Didn’t tested it for more then one system in LAN, as I had only one lappy).
5. Next step is to configure router to be secure, password setting, mac association etc. Read this comment by Rajat Gupta, it tells you more about mac address and it’s coloning, Thank you Rajat for it! :) Never thought that, tikona can use MAC to keep system count.. :D
6. Final and important step is to restart the router for changes to take place.
Hope, it was quite helpful to you all. And i think, you will be able to use these steps to configure your ADSL wifi router with any ISp